3.15.2008

day dos

well here i am on my second day. it feels as though i've been here for weeks. seriously.

today was my first day in the orphanage, working with the children. it was a different yet amazing experience. the children are just happy to have us there, i had a couple kids that didn't even want to leave my side. so so precious! by law we aren't able to give names, or anything. we could go to jail for it!

also when i got off my shift today we went to the "MegaMaxi", which is like thier wal-mart here. we also went to the mall and ate at a great restaurant. one thing that they constantly warned us of, was the men here. they are seriously creeps, there are some that are nice and not as creepy, but we just don't make eye-contact, smile at them, no kind of jesture to show them we are interested in ANY way.

one thing that i am kind of struggling with is not knowing the language. luckily there are enough girls that speak it well enough that we can get by no problem. they have classes that we can start taking hopefully next week! i really would like to learn more of it. i think that over time it will get better, more understanding than acutally speaking.

that is all for now, i may go to bed soon even though it's only 940. but i'm just exhausted, not sure why, but just exhausted. chao for now!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

i'm really glad you are doing this! It reminds me of my experience in Guatemala and I'm so jealous!

Name here. said...

lys the first few days will be looonng. haha. you are gonna luubbit though. i am jealous! try calling me again!